I had a surprise last week, my first commission for a custom Tudor Gown. I ordered the customers fabric and planning the lining according to the measurements provided. So I am going to be busy with getting the gown done most of the month. Though it going to look stunning, the color combination is going to work nicely together. The auction was for an outter gown, underskirt, foresleeves and hood. This week I hope to set up the dress dummy and make the boned lining of the gown. Then by the time the fabric shows up I can dive right in. The customer know that these will take more of June to make and complete the gown. I know she will love it when its done.
In the meantime waiting for the fabric in the mail I have been keeping busy with embroidery. I finished my right hand glove and an working on the left. Thought I would share my slow but steady progress with some pictures. Not touched the Italian gown or the hat for the blue Elizabethan yet but they are something I want to draw out first before I start sewing on those. Though I have been contemplating making Justin a doublet and possible pants from the blue fabric so I am not sure what I want right now. So I am holding off till I make a decision. I have time I think our renaissance faire trip will be till September.
Hope this glove turns out as nice as the first, better get back to it.