The next was sewing some trim on the back of a dolls coif.
I mostly completed this one last year although realizing the back of the bonnet trim was not stitched to place. So fixed that quickly. I didn't include her in my previous YouTube videos about dolls. So made a quicker one about her and the inspiration for her outfit. Although a name is needed for her I realized in hindsight. So if you know of a good older circa 1600 Dutch/Netherlands name for a girl, add a comment. Always happy to hear from my readers, even if you don't have a name in mind.
Lastly on this mini marathon of sewing, I finished the trim for my wool cloak. This cloak I have in my possession for 15 years. Its made from an old army blanket and is well loved. Although it was plain and one could see the over-lock stitching on the edges for its original intention as a blanket. So I added red woven trim around all edges and down the middle of the hood and back of the cloak to hide the back seam. This trim added a much needed pop of brightness against the drab green color. I also changed the clasp to an black iron Pen-annular knotted style clasp to be more medieval. I still have more of the red trim and am contemplating either different uses for it. An other option would be adding a second stripe all around the outer edge of the cloak, if I have enough left. I am waiting to see what I think of it as it is in the current arrangement. At least for a little period of time, I will be contemplating if it really needs more.
THL Marrin O'Cadhla