Some dolls are incoming from my ceramicist in Texas; the two sent will bring the current 12" size total to 5. I am working on some Tudor doll linen shifts between other crafting tasks. Some very nice linen for these, and using some insertion lace and winding cotton tape to create textured collars and cuffs for the miniature garments. They are turning out very well, I like the collars and cuffs giving some interest without stealing the show. The goal is to use more boiled wool which I have left over from the Basel Beer Wives project. Hoping to create some wool Tudor kirtles and gowns for these 12" dolls. These 5 dolls will still need wigs, faces and shoes painted before real clothing making can begin. I have three colors of mohair for wigs for these ladies. The wool edges normally were left raw for clothing in the period as they didn't fray when the fabric had some fulling done as a finishing technique. I can see about doing bound edges if I am concerned with edge finishing for the kirtles. Although I will see about using the same velvet ribbon as the Beer Wives for trim. The trick is making sure these dresses do not read as copies of the Beer Wives just because they are made from the same wool and velvet. The dolls will have some black silk to help break up the bright colors and textures. Also want to make some linen coifs and flat caps for these dolls for 1560's adjacent Tudor Kirtles/Gowns.
With all this knitting and wool projects, I found my in progress knitting baskests in my home Stitch Niche. They are too cute and wanted to share some images. It's typical for me to have more than one project going on at one time. So these baskets of wool were from last year, after I sorted through the yarn stash. Locating suitable lace weight options for socks out of said stash. Those were sorted into baskets based on socks for one and Tudor hats and a few other small projects on needles for the other. I have some totes full of large willow baskets for some future knitting/crafting projects. Wanted to show the baskets as you can take a pashmina or table cloth and make a cozy basket cover for your projects.Also have been sorting the Stitche Niche Stash and will be rehoming some books, small baskets, some larger dolls, that I wont use. Eventually I will sell some older garb that no longer fits that needs to find new life with others. This will allow me reorganize the Stitch Niche into a better organized space for creativity.
Good Things Coming,
Maureen



No comments:
Post a Comment