Thursday, April 26, 2012

Living Life with Passion

Well we finally took the plunge as the old saying goes. Despite the unseasonably cold wet weather I couldn't ask for a better day. As always life kept, a few snags with our scheduling all day and kept up perpetually late by 15 min. So the pictures of my Matron of Honor April Whistler and I before the ceremony were cut out since we were trying to catch up and be ready on time.  Though I am happy we weren't late for the ceremony, and most issues ironed themselves out by the end of the day. I have been calling it the perfect intimate classy affair, it had its touches of royal wedding for fun. Justin and  I couldn't be happier with how it all came together to be the best day of the rest of our lives. We had 29 people attend the wedding and reception.

Our coworkers surprised us much with congratulations, gifts and cards that we didn't expect when we returned on Wednesday. Though we are happy to know we are much thought about with respect and warm thoughts by those we work with on a daily basis. I want to post a large photo of us for folks to look at, got lots of requests for pictures.

The pastor that officiated our ceremony, charged us to live life with passion. I have to say we have been doing well with that charge even before we wed. Though I feel very renewed with my commitment and ready to take life by the horns. I know we can make our dreams come true together, with a little drive and luck I have no doubts it will be an interesting journey.

 I wanted to achieve the look of a gorgeous noble bride for my Justin, which with the look on his face when I met him at the end of the isle. I believe I achieved my goal, Justin was one handsome groom for sure and the ceremony reminded me of the formal personalized event, we were looking for. Right now thinking that it was only Monday and only been married for 3 days so far. It feels so far away or like a daydream it went so well. It was just the way I imagined it when I heard our song on the car radio those many years ago. The day we both pictured at the same time dancing to it on our wedding day, that was the day I knew I wanted to marry him.

The pictures are ready finally have to pick them up. I will give a small Wedding Gallery for folks to enjoy soon. After talking about this for more than a year, its time to give you all a reward for your patience. In the process of changing my last name, which is a delight but a paperwork pain.  Well for tonight I will call it and post the photos tomorrow.

Happily The New Mrs. Plotts,

Maureen 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Replica 1560's Venetian Italian Fashion Doll

Replica 1560's Venetian Italian Fashion Doll

Replica 1560 French Fashion Doll

Replica 1560 French Fashion Doll

Tudor Q and A

What is a Tudorosity?

A mashed combination of the words Tudor and Curiosity to create the word Tudorosity. Tudorosities is the plural form and the deffinition is as follows.

Tudorosity- an desire to learn or know anything about the Tudor dynasty associated with years 1405 through 1603.

Most people ask my why I make the Tudor garb ?

I find the clothing of this era not only beautiful but also challenging to sew. There is much more care and purpose put into making garments and wearing garments in the Tudor Era. I love the look of Tudor so much I wanted to explore the way clothes were made back then and the subtle changes in fashion and styles of time.

How did you get started in this interesting hobby?

I started with art first, I love to draw, paint, and sculpt all the traditional fine arts. So being able to draw helps me visualize the looks I want to create in my garb. History has always been a huge interest of mine and I've had a knack for sewing since I was 7 years old. It all started with doll clothes and I learned cross stitch embroidery from my grandmother when I was little. I am self taught sewer, crochet, knitting, embroidery and tatting. My methods are learned from books mainly and there is still so much more to learn.

What is my favorite outfit and why?

It would be like picking a favorite out of one of my future children, its impossible. I love all my gown creations and really like the distinct differences in all the styles clothing I make for the Tudor Era.

Do you make the whole outfit including hat, shoes, and undergarments?

I do have a goal of making a complete Tudor from the skin out. As of right now I make 90% of my gowns and accessories. The shoes and stockings, are bought online and the petticoats are a close reproduction but not made by me. .

How long does it take to make a gown?

It all depends on the type of gown. The making relies on the time period and class of the design. Generally if I work on it 8 hours a day on a sewing machine it will take 3 days to get the basics and another 5 days to do finish hand-sewing details and beading. So a week to a week and a half if working on it steady for that amount of time. I work a full-time job so it does take longer than a week to complete. I put over 40-100 hours per outfit depending on its complexity, its like its own full time job of sorts.

Do you make renaissance clothing for sale or custom orders?

No, due to new employment and changes in my lifestyle. Unfortunately, I have no time to support sewing for others. Though I recommend sewing lessons for those adventurous few. There are many fine folks who make and sell historical clothing. I suggest guidance with sew from many fine historical enthusiastic costumers out on the internet.

How long have you been making these elaborate costumes?

I have been in the Society of Creative Anachronism coming up on my 18th year. Active since 2004 working at demonstrations and volunteering when I could between working and other life's distractions. I really concentrated on Tudor sewing in 2007 and worked with patterns to learn proper fabrics, techniques, fit, and silhouette. I really enjoy the eras transition from a medieval form fitting layered cotterdie to the boned Tudor kirtle and then to structured Elizabethan clothing.

Replica 1490 Milan Italian Fashion Doll

Replica 1490 Milan Italian Fashion Doll
Based on art by Giovanni Ambrogio

O’Kealy Heraldry

O’Kealy Heraldry